Saturday, April 07, 2007

There are those days

I am a Twins fan -- good or bad, fair or foul, I cheer them on. I have for as long as I can remember. And I'm going to my first game in a long, long time this Wednesday. I'm excited. We're playing the Yankees. I hope we win.

It's been bitter the past week. Air temps have been below freezing, and the wind has blown almost continuously for way too long. But, I'm tired of bitching about the weather.

Some of the people I work with in the summer seem to think I can do magical things for their programs. And they think that I can change forces that are outside my control, yet, dictate the rules we must follow in order to stay in compliance and keep our accreditation.

I have students that are bitching that my classes are too hard. I never tire of telling them that we are, after all, in a college course. But, I do tire of the whining.

Good, bad, and ugly, I've had some days of late.

Good thing I'm still basically happy.

6 comments:

Kelli said...

I heard on MPR this morning that way back in the day baseball players used to leave their gloves out in the field when they went to bat. I also heard that some fields didn't even have back fences, so there were no home runs. I also heard that there is a field (in Texas??) where there is a flagpole in the middle of the outfield. I think that these things are all very interesting and would also help to make baseball today (yawn) more interesting.

Students whine. It's what they do. You can't blame a goat for its crazy eyes, can you? (Okay, not a fair correlation. But goats sure do have crazy eyes!!!!)

D. Bjorn--Ursus Maritimus Solutum said...

Oh, yeah? And did they discuss the term "Texas Leaguer" in regards to a hit ball?

I like the new picture, too -- very sexy lookin'. *grin*

Kelli said...

No, they didn't. Please explain.

Yeah, it's not too shabby, eh?

D. Bjorn--Ursus Maritimus Solutum said...

It's a fly ball that drops between the infielders and outfielders, usually with great drama, and results in a base scored as an error.

*grin*

D. Bjorn--Ursus Maritimus Solutum said...

And speaking of crazy eyes...have you seen the movie "The New Guy"? *grinning*

Anonymous said...

They don't want to work for it--they want it handed to them--like it is owed to them.

LJL